Lonely, old, unanswered requests for lost Seventeen magazine recipes tug at our heartstrings. We know the feeling…
For the past few years, when we obsess google looking for 1980s-era clippings, we keep stumbling across old forums with pleas for the same recipes.
Lots of google searches for old Seventeen magazine recipes are popping up here.
We have dozens of their “Now You’re Cooking” recipe clippings perfectly preserved and we’re happy to share.
If you can help, please do!
UPDATE: NEW REQUESTS
Do you have any fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s recipe pages? Share if you can!
- From Brenda: I ran across your website while ISO a mid-1970’s Seventeen Magazine recipe for Short Ribs. I think they featured a teenage cook named “Barb” in it. Also, I recall there was an Easter Cake recipe in it so I’m thinking a March or April edition? It was the first time I had cooked dinner for my family and both recipes were outstanding. Any chance we can find both recipes? (BTW, I’m kicking myself for letting my mother throw out my copies of Seventeen!)
- From Michelle: “I found Chicken Crepes Mornay on your site and was so exited! It was THE FIRST dinner I ever prepared and was fantastic!!! I’ve been trying to find the recipe for a stuffed rolled flank steak also featured in Seventeen sometime between 1978 and 1982 . Can anyone help?”
- From Tobi: wreath-shaped stollen – although I’m not sure it was technically a stollen. I remember lots of different kinds of dried and candied fruit, rolled up in a pastry dough, shaped into a wreath, and then we added leaves and berries shaped out of dough to the top. It was beautiful and delicious.”
- Does anyone have the Glazed Corned Beef, Red Flannel Hash, Irish Coffee and Irish Soda Bread.
* FOUND! 1975 Christmas Bubble Tree Bread
* FOUND! (posted below, thanks Antilope!) Danielle is hunting for a two-page recipe for Chicken Crepes Mornay from the November 1978. Here’s a fun account of a writer’s attempt to recreate the same Seventeen recipe.
* FOUND! Mandy is searching for a peach melba ice cream pie with a lemon wafer crust.
* FOUND! (see comments section) Greek-style casserole, with a bechamel sauce and ground lamb that she got in 1982 or ‘83 from Seventeen magazine.
* FOUND! Chicken Cordon Bleu
* FOUND! Tambi remembers a French Canadian Tortiere Pie with ground pork and celery leaves.