One thought crossed our mind when we saw President’s Choice Black Label Nero di Seppia spaghetti: Halloween.
Sure, we’ve enjoyed the wonders of squid-ink infused pasta before, but there is something so deliciously creepy about it.
And paired with seafood, a la Babbo, it’s a spooktacular dish to be shared in October.
SEA CREATURE BOOODLES
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound large shrimp (21-25), peeled, deveined, each shrimp cut into 2 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or a mix of lemon olive oil)
- interesting salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound black spaghetti
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- cream pesto cooking sauce
- Toss 2 teaspoons minced garlic, shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Let shrimp marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta. Cook until just al dente, then drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Add shrimp with marinade to skillet in single layer. Cook shrimp, undisturbed, until oil starts to bubble gently, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir shrimp and continue to cook until almost cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Add tomato and cooking sauce and simmer until cream thickens. Return shrimp and sauce, and toss with pasta.